Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Soft Light

Today I am yearning for an empty space - my own empty room. 

I am wishing that I didn't have so many things even though in truth and comparatively, I don't have that many at all.  I wish for cool and worn wooden floors.  I wish for a white-painted radiator that blends into the white-washed walls.  I wish for sheer curtains and soft sunlight coming in through the windows that reach almost to the floor.  I want a simple brass bed messily covered in muslin linens.

I hope for the time the stretches on, for the life that does not demand my time.  I want the time to read books.  I want the time to write them.  I want to cancel all of my plans.  I want to break all of my promises.  I want to abandon my few things and start over somewhere.  I dream of shunning all obligations and lust after the glorious selfishness of doing what I want when I want to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment